Coral Conservation Program
With an exclusive focus on dive skills for monitoring our reefs, our Coral Conservation Program has a minimum duration of ten days. Training includes theoretical knowledge as well as practical experience organized in small groups. After the training period, your day to day is focused on surveying the ocean with our monitoring methodology. The data gathered is then used for analysis of regional interest.
- Know the importance of coral reefs.
- Master your diving abilities in this delicate ecosystem.
- Understand why monitoring and protecting corals is so important.
- 12 dives a week to explore the Bocas del Toro ecosystem.
What you will learn
- The types of substrate in coral reefs such as sponges, algae and coral.
- Coral anatomy, feeding and reproduction.
- Coral reef geomorphology.
- To identify different coral growth forms.
- The most common coral diseases and health indicators.
- Our monitoring technique and data entering.