Fish Conservation Programs
With an exclusive focus on dive skills for monitoring our reefs, our Fish Conservation Program has a minimum duration of two weeks. Training includes theoretical knowledge as well as practical experience organized in small groups. After the training period, your day to day is focused on surveying the ocean with our monitoring methodology. The data gathered is then used for analysis of regional interest.
- Know the importance of vertebrartes and their function in coral reefs.
- Master your diving abilities in this delicate ecosystem.
- Understand why monitoring and protecting fish is so important.
- 12 dives a week to explore the Bocas del Toro ecosystem.
What you will learn
- Reef ecology.
- To identify different fish families.
- How to properly size fish.
- Our monitoring technique and data entering.