Invertebrate Conservation Program
With an exclusive focus on dive skills for monitoring our reefs, our Invertebrate Conservation Program has a minimum duration of ten days. Training includes theoretical knowledge as well as practical experience organized in small groups. After the training period, your day to day is focused on surveying the ocean with our monitoring methodology. The data gathered is then used for analysis of regional interest.
- Know the importance of invertebrates and their function in coral reefs.
- Master your diving abilities in this delicate ecosystem.
- Understand why monitoring and protecting invertebrates is so important.
- 12 dives a week to explore the Bocas del Toro ecosystem.
What you will learn
- Invertebrate taxonomy.
- Reef ecology.
- To identify invertebrate species from different Phylums.
- Our monitoring technique and data entering.